 Dear LEGO / 4227
4226  |  4228
Subject:
NBA display at LSB
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 16 Mar 2003 00:13:20 GMT

I popped in to Lego Shop Bluewater today for a look round, particularly at
the new designer sets.  Very nice.  However I was troubled by the lack of
care taken with the shop displays.  There was a display Basketball court
with the real-life NBA player sig-figs (like we saw at LLW) and also a built
up copy of 3432.  Unfortunately someone had glued one of the sig-figs onto
the bases of the 3432 so it had a field of 9 yellow figs and a brown one.

This underlines my misgivings over the NBA line.  If you are not careful in
these instances people will start to read yellow minifigs as 'caucasian' and
TLC will be open to charges of racism.

I would have brought this up to the staff but they were very busy.  If you
agree with me please watch out for this sort of thing in future.

Thank you

Simon Bennett