 Dear LEGO / 4172 (-5)
  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

(...) I think unpowered would be a BIG mistake. All locomotives should come with a motor. (...) I don't see this as necessary. (...) I prefer regulator and track as separate pack, motor bundled with the locos. (...) Yes. But some locos should (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

(...) Right on, thats the way it was done in the 12v days, and for that matter even today (the Santa Fe and My Own Train series don't come with motors or lights). What we need in the shops is affordable train sets. Once little Johnny or Jilly has (...) (22 years ago, 24-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Space legends, my thoughts...

It would be great to see some of the old space sets brought back as legends. I know I'd buy them. I actually started on a small project last night, where I'm taking the 6781 SP Striker from the Space Police Set and updating it with some new parts (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Space legends, my thoughts...

(...) Although I would be willing to accept Classic reruns with newer helmet styles, I seem to recall trying this years ago and discovering that with certain smaller-cockpit designs, a visored helmet would actually interfere with the closing of the (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.space, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: the perfect way to sell lego trains

<snip> (...) LegoDirect said at Brickswest 2002 that they are trying to do this. Their (LEGO) shippment system and order fulfillment is NOT setup to handle small stores (aka train hobby stores). As such it is a real logistic mess right now to (...) (22 years ago, 23-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact