 Dear LEGO / 4098
4097  |  4099
Subject:
Petition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 14 Sep 2002 15:13:02 GMT

Hello, everyone. On behalf of Dan Mattia's letter, and some
concerns about lego's product line, I would like to
start a petition to bring back castle and space products.

Anyway, please read this.

http://www./~1112/Letters/Mattia

I would also like to add that people outside of the US (particularly
those who live in Canada, australia, Europe, etc, aren't getting
their fair share of the market. In fact, they have to wait longer periods
of time than US residents do, just to get their hands on basically
the same product. I find this a tad discouraging, so if you could
address this, please do.

Another matter that comes to mind is the Galidor problem. Recently,
this series was released with intent to cross over towards the action
figure line. I don't believe this will work because [1] there is
little to no interest in the product, since it's based on an
unknown televosion show [2] it's taking up valuable space
on the catalogue, that could be used to represent lego in a better
fashion. [3] In my opinion, I think the traditional lego brick set
should represent lego, not something few know of, or would buy
[4] kids will be further compelled to buy more popular action figures
at nearly half the price at their local comic shop.

The same goes for jack stone as well, as there are those who think
a more sophisticated construction set should represent lego. Go into
any store and look at the shelves and you'll see that jack stone
doesn't sell, but bionicle and any other construction set does.
Perhaps if castle, space, western, pirates, and other themed sets
went back to store shelves, there would be a large rebound in
sales.

So, if you could please bring back themed sets to the store shelves,
I'm sure a lot of people will be happy. After all, I'm sure bringing
these back will also bring back hooked customers and people who
would usually purchase through online auctions.

No complaining here, were just concerned over which direction
this company would be headed.

Thank you for your time.

<<_Matt Hein_>>
Fellow lego enthusiast

Moreover...

And yes, I *pledge to quit complaining* if lego just brings castle or
space sets back to store shelves, Honestly, this whole time, that's
all I ever wanted. Thank you very much.