 Dear LEGO / 3802 (-5)
  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Another example of the use of the new smooth technic beams is the Caterham Super 7 replica by Neil Everett. If you look at the pictures or DAT files of the chassis, or the front suspension/steering assembly, you'll see what I mean. I've built (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  "Marketing strategies"

Just back after a short trip down to VA. Of course I stopped at the Lego Store at Potomac Mills. Now this place is a Lego Company Store - right off a major interstate in a location that generates tons of foot traffic. You might expect it to be a (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) Not wanting to be too argumentative, but most of the ways listed use parts that conform to the "traditional" technic model - something that mounts to studs on a brick or plate and then uses a connector or pin to interface to the "newer" parts. (...) (23 years ago, 25-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

Some great points have been made here. I actually really like most of the new parts (particularly the various axle connectors), but it does seem that the functionality of the average Technic model is less advanced than that of five years ago. The (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I would agree, looking at the new technic, where are the big machinery type sets of old, like the "claw rig" and "crane"? It just seems to be lots of trendy styling with not a lot of functionality as with the old sets. These new styling bits (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact