 Dear LEGO / 3797 (-5)
  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) This subject is curiously similar to the "how do we connect znap to system" issue. I posted some pictures of various ways of doing that on brickshelf ... (URL) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

"John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message news:Grv2G6.zH@lugnet.com... (...) bricks. Forgive me if I am missing something obvious here, but it is possible to use the holes in studless beams and liftarms to clip directly onto studs in bricks (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

"John Heins" <Johnmhiii@aol.com> wrote in message news:Grv2G6.zH@lugnet.com... (...) [snippage] (...) Not to beat this to death, but this is plainly false. Here are some ways to connect non-studded technic parts to studded parts. - simply stick the (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) I don't mind SOME of the new style smooth beams. My complaint is that the new style smooth beams and axle/rod/flex tube connectors have almost completely displaced "traditional" technic components. It's like the new "Technic" is a whole (...) (23 years ago, 21-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Is "traditional" Technic being killed off?

(...) If you removed the 'excess' you would lose a lot of the strength of the part. Although I always thought if you removed the sticky out bit you could make an excellent heavy haulage tractor hitch. Steve (23 years ago, 20-Feb-02, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact