 Dear LEGO / 372
  Re: Where are the World Cup Sets this time around?

Ummm.......if TLG aren't going to acknowledge the 1999 Rugby World Cup Finals (1) by way of promotional sets I doubt TLG will acknowledge the Women's World Cup. It's hard to understand just how TLG goes about deciding what promotions to release but (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jun-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Where are the World Cup Sets this time around?

The women's world cup is expected to have 2B TV viewers worldwide. (I doubt that those are unique viewers, but it is still an impressive audience.) A rugby set would be cool. I just want some sets like these to be available in the US at retail (...) (25 years ago, 25-Jun-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Where are the World Cup Sets this time around?

Not to beat a dead horse or anything... but Mattel thought that this was worthwhile. They produced a couple of Barbie dolls: (URL) dave (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.dear-lego)