 Dear LEGO / 3704
Re: Will there ever be *NEW* Mindstorms SENSORS ? Distance, Sound, Color, Bearing
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 13:35:07 GMT

I understand the general sense of wanting *Lego* parts and accessories. But
they simply aren't available. And as far as I can tell, from all too brief
communications with TLC, you won't be seeing them any time soon.

I am personally very keen on the whole integration/fusion between the
Technic capability to do instant mechanical engineering and the abilty that
Mindstorms has brought to it to be able to add computer control.

I was intrigued with the first RIS I bought for about a week, after which I
had to get out my soldering iron and milling machnine and start adding to it ;)

Since then I've made stuff available to others who's urge to build new and
different things is allowed to override their Lego purism. (I do understand
both sides of that fence!)

Most of what the previous two posts suggest are in the works .... :)

Sensors, RF based bricks etc etc

But they won't be coming in a Lego package I'm sorry to say.

JB