 Dear LEGO / 3702 (-10)
  dear lego, please make more transparent dark blue

Especially larger parts. There are a few good things on the alpha team stuff but more would be good. (23 years ago, 29-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  6080 and 6074, modularity

As a kid I remember trawling through Lego booklets counting the different sets I REALLY wanted. There were always these big big castles that I wished I had, but I never actually got. I remember the Christmas when I simply couldn't decide if I wanted (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.reviews, lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I got my Blacksmith shop today.

I'm looking forward to my Blacksmith's Shop waiting for me when I get back stateside, it looks like a terrific set, merging the new cool details of newer sets with the back to basic brick contruction of castle's golden age. Actually, considering the (...) (23 years ago, 28-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Proposed New Set: "Cloaks and Hoods"

(...) <snip> Also, you can use two on one minifig, as described in this message (URL) Garrison tgarriso@math.purdue.edu (URL) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Proposed New Set: "Cloaks and Hoods"

(...) Because less than half of the minifigs w/ cloaks have *hoods*. (Most of 'em have hairpieces/wigs.) The purpose I envision for this set is mostly for Castle. I've already got a hundred ot so "townsfolk" who have either a black or a brown cloak. (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Proposed New Set: "Cloaks and Hoods"

(...) Why not suggest they make two hoods per two cloaks? Then you would have each cloak including a hood. I know that sometimes the cloaks don't age very well and get kind of tattered, but this would simply encourage more sales of the set to the (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Proposed New Set: "Cloaks and Hoods"

(Addendum)... (...) (e.g., "(URL) in Purple (e.g., "(URL) Please let me know what you think... (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I got my Blacksmith shop today.

John, I couldn't agree with you more. The sets have been decreasing in basic parts and creativity for quite a while now. Many of the sets are so specialized you can't build anything even remotely different with them. 10-15 years ago it was easy to (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Proposed New Set: "Cloaks and Hoods"

I'd like to suggest a new Accessory set, "Cloaks and Hoods", which would contain ONE (plastic) Hood and TWO (fabric) Cloaks in each of the following colors: - BROWN - KHAKI/TAN - BLACK - DARK GREY - GREY - WHITE - RED - GREEN - BLUE - PURPLE for a (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: I got my Blacksmith shop today.

I'm in Metro NYC - got mine today. Quite impressed after a the once over. The box is color printed - unlike the Guarded Inn reissue. Congrats again to David Siskind. I feel compelled to comment on this set in the context of TLC in general. I just (...) (23 years ago, 27-Jan-02, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact