 Dear LEGO / 3497
  Re: Bulk Sets (was: Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ?)

(...) Lego has stated that 3033 is NOT a loss leader. (meaning it's profitable). (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)

  Re: Bulk Sets (was: Re: How about "Technic Tubs" ?)

(...) I've heard that too, but I suspect they are just talking about production costs. ABS is cheap, and there's no retooling needed to make basic bricks. So from that end it is certainly profitable. But when you include the distribution costs, I'm (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.technic)