 Dear LEGO / 3195
Re: S@H - Train accessories are disappearing!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.uk, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.trains
Date:
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 19:40:39 GMT

In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.uk, Jason J. Railton writes:

Well, yes there is.  The <set:3737> wagon base pack is a fairly recent
product of the bulk bricks range, and is still available.

There were reports that every single one of these had a warped wagon plate.
I never did hear anything definitive from Lego about it though. Nor do I
remember what happened with the folks that returned theirs.

So just be aware of that, hope it helps.

++Lar

Hmm.  I heard about this too, but not one of the five I've had (in two
orders) suffered from this.  Is this a stateside problem?  Has anyone in
Europe had this problem?  Is it to do with the manufacturing, or is it down
to areas with a warmer climate where they spend longer sat around in the
packaging?  Maybe those who haven't had any problems simply haven't posted.

I know it was reported that ones with a twist along the length tend to jump
the rails.  One of mine has a very slight bow; it's just detectable if you
look along the length, but this hasn't been a problem.  It flattens out once
you build anything on it.

Maybe the answer is not to buy too many at a time.  Because they're bagged,
not boxed, I can see there may be a deforming pressure if a large number
were stuffed into a small box.

Jason J Railton
Not necessarily, I ordered three (seperate orders) and all came warped to
some degree.-Harvey