 Dear LEGO / 3078
3077  |  3079
Subject:
Hoping for new Castle theme in 2002 and beyond...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Mon, 16 Apr 2001 20:28:21 GMT

Dear LEGO,
After opening up and sorting through 35 (!?!) Chrome Knights Kingdom sets
(4816-4817-4818-4819) today, I can't help but long for the sets of the 1980s
for the Castle line.  Remember when Castle had Taverns, Shops, Blacksmiths,
Guardhouses, Traders and Carriages in addition to the military hardware of
the Middle Ages?  My own collection of Castle is supplimented by
"whatever-I-can-lay-my-hands-on" sets from Star Wars, Town, Pirates and
Nearly Everything Else just so I can try to recreate what I missed back in
the past.

Imagine if LEGO released sets along similar lines to the 4816-4819 series,
but made them a little more Castle/Town...  They would not have to be large
or complete buildings, but have plenty of elements to add to the feel and
flavor of four important Castle sites.   Each one could use pre-existing
LEGO decorative elements (like older flags and shields to denote the owner
of the shop), include 2 minifigures, and anything necessary to make 'em look
right.  Target price for me would be no greater than $11.99.  Each set
should have stand alone play value and be interconnectable, possibly with
Castle wall backings even.

-The First could be a Tavern, Wolf's Head Tavern, every town has to have one
to water down the troops and peasants. Obvious decorative element would be
the Wolfpack shield and flag design.  Minifigures included, how about a
serving maiden from 6081 and a hungry "knight-of-your- choice".  The set
should have a bar, a table, some barrels, some mugs and gobblets, heck even
pizzas will do for me.  Don't forget the door, windows and lamps/torches.

-The Second could be a Stable, Stag's Stables, you have to look after your
horse you know.  Obvious decorative element would be the Forrestmen's shield
design.  Minifigures included could be a Forrestman from 6077 and a mounted
"knight-of-your-choice".  Elements should include a pitchfork, fence, gate,
large barrel, bales of hay, saddle, horse and a whip among others.

-The Third could be a Blacksmith Shop, Falcon Smithy, weapons make the
warrior, but who makes the weapons?  Obvious decorative element could be the
old Black Falcon shield and flag design.  Minifigures included should be
along the lines of the Robin Hood figure (but with a peasant hood) from 6046
and a warrior going shopping.  Plenty of weapons, a small barrel, a black
falcon bird,hammer,a fireplace and anvil should be included in this set.

-The Fourth could be an Appothicary Shop, Wyvern's Wares, gamers call them
Item Shops.  Obvious decorative element would be the old Black
Monarch's/Knight's shield and flag design.  Minifigures included should be
like the Majisto wizard from 6048 (but all in red!) and an adventurer going
shopping.  Some elements that resemble jars, bottles and books, various
other magical and mundane items might be included.

A 2002 Castle line has not been announced yet, and I sincerely hope that it
is in the works.  Perhaps these suggestions could see their way into the
line along with a couple or 4 standard military/action sets for the Castle
line to compliment them.  The 2000 Shell promotional line was great, the
sets in the $11.99 price range were awesome, surely there is some room in
Castle for sets along those lines.
The Castle Theme is a theme dear to my heart (and pocketbook) that I go
completely out of my way to build for.
Sincerely hopeful for some good Castle sets,
-Aaron West-
Lugnet member #279