 Dear LEGO / 3017 (-10)
  Re: Do Bioncle Masks hide Greedy Marketing?

(...) Thanks! (...) I've read your posts about collecting the masks, and I can tell that they don't have the same tone to them. I enjoy seeing the pictures of all the masks laid out and sorted... it brings back memories. :D (...) That is kind of (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) I agree with all this, but I need more light and dark grey, so maybe they could intro something new. But please don't call it Greytron!?! The newer colors should be represented as well, like Life On Mars, but with so many specialized parts it (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Do Bioncle Masks hide Greedy Marketing?

(...) Bionicle (...) secondary (...) Just in case there was any doubt, I fully intend to add a Bionicle Mask trading page to my website, which already has the same thing for Throwbot/Slizer discs and Roborider Wheels. I'll probably get the Bionicle (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) Heck yes!!! But more like Blacktron I than Blacktron II. I had been building with Lego since 1979 when I was 5, but it was when Blacktron came out that I was really hooked, and Lego turned from a hobby into an obsession. I never really had a (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

(...) Dave- I love that last comment you made about Blacktron III, that would be awesome if LEGO would come out with a sequel to the previous Blacktron themes. There were by far the best looking and meanest Space themes Lego has come out with. Wish (...) (24 years ago, 15-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Do Bioncle Masks hide Greedy Marketing?

Hi Eric, excellent reply! I couldn't have said that better! The guys that complain about the "collectible system" itself won't buy the masks anyway (and nobody asks them to do so). I don't complain about that thing, I knew about that before having (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Do Bioncle Masks hide Greedy Marketing?

(...) Collectability. It's the same reason that Baseball cards, Magic cards, Pokemon cards, Pogs, etc are packed so you can't tell which ones you're getting. Say, for example, that the Red Oni mask (I don't know any real Bionicle names, sorry) is (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Do Bioncle Masks hide Greedy Marketing?

(...) What is the real purpose behind SO many different Town minifigs? (...) Why not make up your own game? (e.g. Brickwars) (...) Now *that's* a real question. (...) Maybe it's a fair representation of population in the Bionicle theme.[1] As far as (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.technic.bionicle, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Why do Lego rip off UK customers ?

Have a chat with Quentin Wilson. He got things moving for the UK car-prices rip-off. Organise LEGO shopping trips to the continent (or Ireland, slightly cheaper than Holland, which is similar to Germany. Don't know about other countries). ;-) Duq (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: The Refocusing of LEGO

Old good, new bad. The rest is blah-blahs. I agree with all of it, of course. Aside: They'll never bring back the old expensive box styles. One reason 90-piece System sets are still ten bucks (the same price as in the 70s and 80s....Lego deserves (...) (24 years ago, 14-Mar-01, to lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact