 Dear LEGO / 2657 (-20)
  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) EXCELLENT POINT! Ironic how Many large Toy companies have been complaining that their "opportunity years" to sell to kids have declined by 50% and Lego can't beat off 20+ year buyers with a stick. Lego made a great product, marketed it pretty (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

"Ashley Glennon" <ashleyg@america.lego.com> wrote in message news:G3HsC9.JG@lugnet.com... (...) [snipped small part about time and appropriateness] (...) build, (...) I was wondering, reading those two paragraphs... 1) LEGO asks kids what they want (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) that? (...) I'm (...) implementation (...) Indeed. As a player of many different video games over the years (Everything from the Atari 2600 on), the LEGO versions seem a little..... well boring. Most of them are targeted along the lines of (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) But it also depends on having people unload the cartons, unpack the cartons, put the unit packages (which are higher-priced because they have to have "eye appeal") on shelves that mostly have to be located in high-rent districts so they're (...) (24 years ago, 5-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) That's fine -- in fact, it's great for them to tie in with other media. I'm a big fan of where they're going with the Rock Raiders and Alpha Team multimedia (in the true sense) concepts, although I think the implementation could be better. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

Brilliant Summary of how I feel too - well said! Jon (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) be (...) But now there is LEGO on Playstation and Nintendo- how do you feel about that? (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Are you paying attention, LEGO?

(...) Whatever TLC are doing, they are obviously basing it on a 'More Sales; policy by following proven lines (quick-fix excitement for kids with the Juniorisation to compete with lesser quality ready-made toys). Yes, this sells right now, but when (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.general, lugnet.lego.direct, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) Which I personally find amazing: the AFOLs are not dismissed by the company as the lunatic fringe, which has a tendency to happen when a VP hears about Internet fans. We have seen movement to acknowledge the die-hards, such as bulk and (yay!) (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) he (...) There's also a tendency in research to find what you were looking for. If LEGO wanted to put out quality sets with high piece counts and playability, they could find the research to back that up, too. I think LEGO does what it wants. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) I doubt they're just assuming -- it's certainly backed by market research. However, I don't think that market research takes all factors into account. (As you and many other people say.) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) Does this make any sense? Why would you want to make a product that a kid can be done with in 5 minutes and then forget about? Wouldn't you want kids to spend a lot of time with your product, so they become attached to it (like I did when I (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) Exactly. The fundamental *strength* Lego has is that the product is unlike video games and MTV. Playstation and Nintendo will *always* make better instant-gratification action than Lego -- trying to fight them on that ground is a losing (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) And acted on that too. We noticed the bulk sets, UCS and scrupture sets. (...) But does that let you sell more sets? The only benefit I can see is the reduction of minimum age from 5 to 4. By that reason Playmobile should be doing very well. (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) Yeah, I think LEGO needs to re-release older sets, I remember all the times I look through the old catalog scans on Brickshelf, thinking, "Man, I wish I had got that when I still could. (...) We need a residential section back, I always liked (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

Dear Ashley, (...) I for one, and most of the other members of LUGNET, do appreciate it. I think all of us are passionate about your product, and we wish your company to do as well as it can. (...) "appropriateness." As a worker for a rather large (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

Well said Paul, I'd have to agree with everything you've said. Lego have reacted to competition of other toys that provide "quick" fun in an attempt to keep their share of the market. But they should also realise that these quick toys offer nothing (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

Hello Nice to know somebody is at least reading these. For your explanation for Juniorization, i cannot except that, i spend too much time in the stores searching for OLD Lego to think that, who are the ones buying these overpriced Junior city sets, (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

Mr. Ashley Glennon, LEGO company should cater our needs too. Have you paid attention on the price of 6399 in ebay auction? It is really terrible! We have to pay much money on them. Have you compiled how many design for your police station, fire (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: LEGO is listening! (was...are you listening?)

(...) WOW!; So they really are listening? I dont know about this response. I f I was a kid I would go for the box witha higher piece number (...) (24 years ago, 4-Nov-00, to lugnet.lego, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact