 Dear LEGO / 2393
Re: Formal Letter to TLC?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 19 Aug 2000 06:16:56 GMT

I dunno.  Bulk has actually been a disappointment to me -- there were maybe
three items I wanted in the initial offerings (tiles, foliage, and those teeny
windows), the rest was overpriced and pointless to me.  I have made many deals
of late that were far more advantageous by just buying stuff at deep discount.

Brad's presence here has been in many ways more hindrance than help.  We are
not Lego insiders as much as we are part of a ready-made marketing technique
of which TLC can avail itself.

I don't want to discourage what might be a very worthy idea, but do you REALLY
have something to say that hasn't already been said a cajillion times before
to the point of total tedium?  I think its fair to assert that TLC knows the
score.  But go for it -- maybe the manner in which you might express your
ideas will do the trick this time!

We get conflicting information all the time about whether they are profiting
or not. Juniorization continues to overwhelm, sets are overpriced, whenever
they implement any of our requests it feels like too little too late, castle
2000 was a rather large disappointment (and I am someone who loved the black
maiden hat and Fright Knights for that matter -- but again, it was a high
price for juniorized elements), technic is starting to look like Znap.

So if they lose money, whose fault is it then?  If they shoot themselves in
the foot by bullying us around over trivialities rather than garnering our
respect by open communications -- we should care?

You want to extend the hand of friendship, yet again, to a company one of
whose products you helped destroy with LDraw?  Isn't Creator being dumped as a
cereal box promotion?  Yeah, they want to talk to you -- you probably cost
them hundreds of thousands of dollars.

=)

And for what it's worth, I didn't even care about the leaked info (SW is just
the most reasonably priced theme to me, I use the bits for castle creations).
I am just annoyed that they got so heavy-handed over it when I know other fans
DO care about it a lot.  I think in this case, "loose lips" equaled free
advertising.  But whatever...

I like the bricks, I like the fans, I like Lugnet -- TLC I am not so sure
about...I just want the bricks, they just want their money.

-- Richard (Just call me Mr. Sunshine)