 Dear LEGO / 238
237  |  239
Subject:
LEGO designs for children
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:41:52 GMT

Dear LEGO,

  Just a simple response to the statement that LEGO design building sets
to appeal to children. The problem with this statement is that parents
buy the sets that are designed for children. My fist LEGO sets were
bought by my parents before I had ever seen a LEGO set. (I bugged my
parents for LEGO because I had seen LEGO street signs around a friends
train set.) They chose set that they like and though I would like. If a
parent gets a wish list from a child the parent will pick sets based on
how much they think their child wants the set, and how much the parent
likes the set.
  Designing anything which is meant to appeal to children only will
simply cause children to lose interest in the model. LEGO is great
because when you are sick of the model you can just biuld something
else!
  Flexibility is important.  Please do not sacrifice flexibility for
ease of assemebly in all of your LEGO System
(Town/Castle/Ninja/Adeventurers) products.

Thank you,
Uncle, eventual father, and LEGO fanatic
Christopher Masi