 Dear LEGO / 2332
  New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Dear Lego, I think a good idea for Lego would be the Ancient Roman Empire. It could be somewhat historical too (educational?) Santosh PS. And trains! more realistic trains too. (24 years ago, 8-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

(...) Which part of the Roman Empire? The Hellenistic portion, or Gaul/Scandia/Britannia? I'd love to see the theme move about from Greece to Egypt to the Levant--although, you know, the Punic Wars would be great too. Did Rome really have an (...) (24 years ago, 9-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Hi Lindsay... Hi Santosh... Lego is not going to do this for us. We must do it ourselves. But it's fun to speculate (or is that to design?) (...) If somehow Lego were to go and do Roman for a castle theme, we would probably get a make-believe (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Well I'll say this much: i'm not a sharp historian, in fact my history of Rome only goes so far as reading the Penguin History of the world. But Everytime i see any thing roman related, and then when i see lego minifigs, Roman soldiers immediately (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

Erik Olson wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Britain as a whole you could say was unconquered, but large parts of England (especially the southeast) were very solidly Roman for several hundred years - longer than the US has existed, so a non-trivial period (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

(...) Hey! Instead of doing regional-related sets, they could continue with the movie / book tie - ins! The _Ben Hur_ chariot races... ... _Gladiator_ gladiatorial scenes and triumphal marches ... ... _Horatio at the Bridge_ collectors' edition set (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

(...) Gosh, Rome fought nearly everyone after Hannibal. Gauls, Germans, Dacians (an excuse for Trajan's Column in Lego), Sarmatians, Macedonians/Greeks, various eastern Alexandrian Successor states (including Ptolemeic Egypt and the last of his (...) (24 years ago, 10-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: New theme suggestion - Roman Era

(...) Thinking this over, I have to admit that though Britain seems like a different sort of situation, I'm not versed enough to make generalizations. There are the facts: Caesar turned his back on Britain as if he didn't WANT to conquer it after (...) (24 years ago, 12-Aug-00, to lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.castle)