 Dear LEGO / 2212
2211  |  2213
Subject:
Crosspost from rec.toys.lego on military Lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 21:01:30 GMT

trooper_666@my-deja.com wrote:

If you want military/SWAT themed LEGO sets taking some space on the
shelves, please respond to this with your name, E-mail adress, and maybe
a comment.

I would be interested in military, though SWAT might be a good excuse to
start into the military weaponry as for some reason Lego is offended by
war toys or something like that.  It is kind of nuts, because pirates
and medival knights are not exactly people of high virtue.  Also, simply
from an economic standpoint they should do military Lego.  In my area
several stores sell a Lego knockoff military collection called Blockmen
or something like that.  They are obviously no where close to the
quality of Lego, but they fly off of the shelves faster than any Lego I
have seen (at least everything but the Star Wars Lego sets when they
first hit the shelves.).  Obviously people are buying these instead of
the Lego on the same isle.  While part of the difference might simply be
price, I think it is mostly theme related.

Tim