 Dear LEGO / 2157 (-5)
  Re: neither sponsored nor endorsed by the LEGO Company? (was : Re: an update -- and an apology)

(...) That's absolutely correct, Eric. In addition, the amount of the donation ($5,000 USD) is so tiny that it could not even remotely be thought of as sponsorship or financial support unless LEGO sends these sorts of things often and regularly, (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: neither sponsored nor endorsed by the LEGO Company? (was : Re: an update -- and an apology)

(...) shortly after I posted my reply...? (...) I don't see any misleading text there (LEGO still does not officially support or endorse LUGNET), but it can't hurt to add some sort of modifying statement after the legal disclaimer (perhaps a link to (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: neither sponsored nor endorsed by the LEGO Company? (was : Re: an update -- and an apology)

(...) We hope to change the text on the homepage as soon as we have more information from Brad and his counsel/attorney(s) about exactly what the donation means in his mind. His letter which accompanied the donation mentioned that it was "made with (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: neither sponsored nor endorsed by the LEGO Company? (was : Re: an update -- and an apology)

I think I agree with Scott. It's not that I think LUGnet's integrity has been compromised (or anything even close to that), but given the situation I think the disclaimer is inaccurate through omission. [Followup-To .admin.general] (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: neither sponsored nor endorsed by the LEGO Company? (was : Re: an update -- and an apology)

(...) From : 1. The American Heritage® Dictionary 2. Cambridge International Dictionary of English Sponsor: 1 One that finances a project or an event carried out by another person or group, especially a business enterprise that pays for radio or (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.dear-lego)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact