 Dear LEGO / 2038
Re: part inventory list
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 11:04:26 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Larry Pieniazek schreef:

In lugnet.dear-lego, Sheree Rosenkrantz writes:

I wish each set and accessory  pack came with an inventory list.  The list
would include an official part number, a verbal description of the part, a
graphic or picture of the part and how many of each listed part was included
in the set or pack.
This would be helpful to many fans, young and old.  From the mom who needs
to talk to your Service Dept. to request  a  replacement for a piece lost in
the carpet and devoured by the vacuum to the AFOL buying many multiple of
the same set for a certain part.   How  wonderful it would be able  to just
say one number and have all parties be able to  understand.

I suspect this actually saves money if you figure out what it costs for those
10 minute long CA calls where both parties are struggling to determine what
part it is that turned up missing.

And the new LEGO Direct would benefit too, since taking orders would become
a lot easier.

Right now, when I need some specific parts, I always print out LDRAW images
and include those with my order forms so I'm sure I get the right parts,
but this sounds a lot easier :-)
--
Jan-Albert "Anvil" van Ree   | http://www.nl.3dgamers.com
3D Sims Archive maintainer   | http://www.3dgamers.com