 Dear LEGO / 2007
Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 22:39:11 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

The S@H Phone Specials are listed by Mike Stanley and Tom Stangl -- and at
this point it looks like its Tom's baby.  I think this is a generous gesture
on the part of these guys -- and I never said it wasn't.  I just wonder why
TLC doesn't set this up on its own site so that everyone can log in at 7 am on
Monday morning and see what is being offered this week.  That way there would
be no favoritism.

Favoritism?  Get a clue, pal.  I stopped doing the S@H specials a while back
because my job changed from being light in the morning to hectic and I
couldn't put in the WORK of calling, collecting the data, making all the
links, etc by hand (this wasn't a semi-automated process back then - I
probably spent 45 minutes or more each Monday doing it) then posting them on
the web and to RTL/LUGNET.  I stopped doing them and asked Tom to take the job
back because I was ashamed at how late I was posting them sometimes, worried
that some people were missing out because they depended on my website or post
to order things and were getting beaten to the punch by people who just called
themselves.

S@H never called ME, I called them, even on days when I was taking a day off
from work, I got up and called them, as I know Tom has done.  Anyone can call
and get the same info, but Tom and I have made things easier for S@H and
easier for AFOLs by doing all the work for them.  There was never any
*favoritism* involved - it was volunteer work purely for the benefit of other
people.  Heck, I would usually call in, get the info, make up the page, then
call back to order something and find out they had all sold out, just because
I thought it more important to get the info out quickly than to delay it by
making my order.

And for the record, I suggested PLENTY of times that they put up their own
website.  I would have been THRILLED to stop doing it, as I know Tom would be.

So take your snide remarks about favoritism and elitism and whatever else and
stuff 'em.