 Dear LEGO / 1951
    Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!) —Richard Marchetti
   (...) Not at all if its true. This is merely an assertion on your part. TLC has stated nothing here to that effect. But if you think its wonderful, why do you resist the idea? No ifs, ands, or buts -- just get behind the ideas you support. Choose. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)

        Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!) —Todd Lehman
   (...) Ya, it's an educated guess...or if you're skeptical, just a wild guess. (...) I would support Larry's proposal in December that his company help TLC with their ERP, so that the outlet store might no longer be necessary. Personally, I love the (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego) !

        Re: Lego Direct (was Re: Georgia LEGO Outlet is Cool!) —Steve Bliss
   (...) I think you are correct in your guess as to why the outlet stores have popped up (ie, TLC is attempting to stem the bleeding). BUT, in the current high-turnover business climate, there will always be a need to have a 'dumping ground' for (...) (25 years ago, 28-Mar-00, to lugnet.dear-lego)