 Dear LEGO / 1753
1752  |  1754
Subject:
Thank You to Shop at Home
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.market.shipping
Date:
Sat, 4 Mar 2000 10:14:45 GMT

I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the folks at Lego
Shop @ Home.  Some background information is in order, however:

Back in early January (on the 5th to be exact), I placed a rather large
order with S@H.  My credit card was charged on the 10th, and everything
seemed to be alright.  Not so, however.  By the end of January, my
package(s) had still not arrived, and since I live overseas at an APO
address, it was not possible to track the status of the shipment enroute.  I
called S@H to inquire as to when the package(s) were shipped, and they
informed me that they had been shipped on the 7th.  My worries were quickly
allayed, though, when the S@H representative immediately offered to send a
duplicate shipment immediately (and we are talking about almost $500 US
worth of product here, not something that just *any* company would be
willing to do), and if/when the first shipment arrived, I could just refuse
delivery and it would be returned to S@H.

As it turns out, both shipments were sent as 2 separate packages, and the
2nd shipment as well as half of the first shipment arrived on the same day.
Thinking that all 3 packages were one shipment, I of course tore into all 3
boxes with abandon.  After a quick inventory against the invoice, I
discovered my error.  Now on the theory that you can never have too many
Legos, I decided to ask if I might keep that part of the 1st shipment that I
had opened, and be charged for that portion of the invoice.  After waiting
to see if the other half of the 1st shipment would ever arrive (it didn't),
I called S@H and explained the situation.  Not only was the S@H rep
courteous and willing to listen to my rather convoluted story (and thank
you, dear reader, for sticking with it as well), but she also offered
(without *any* prodding on my part) to charge me only half price for that
portion of the 1st shipment that I received.  Needless to say, I was
flabbergasted.

Some may say that (until the announcement of Lego Direct) that S@H was not
consumer-oriented.  Well, I say that the brick may have brought me to S@H,
but customer service like this will keep me coming back.  My sincerest
thanks to all the representatives at S@H, and the next time you place an
order, be sure to thank them as well.

Cross-posted to market.shipping (seems appropriate).

--
William A. Swanberg
CPT, SC