 Dear LEGO / 1697
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 22:34:47 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tony Priestman wrote:

On Tue, 29 Feb 2000, Steve Bliss (<ld7obsggkqkh3cuh771jk72fv1nkh1hsj2@4a
x.com>) wrote at 19:38:49

Right.  BUT, I'd also like to see a low-volume purchase option, where we (the
insane) could purchase any current parts which aren't availble in service packs
(or bulk purchase).  This would be buying in small volumes, for a premium unit
price (hopefully south of AucZILLA prices, but not necessarily).  This option
would require a high service charge, to address the extensive manual labor
required to collect and pack the parts.

Or we could do it.

I can see the potential for cooperatives/syndicates being set up to buy
the bulk volume that LD will want to sell, and then breaking it down &
selling it on.

Except I am expecting that there will always be a large number of parts which
will not be offered through bulk sales.  I don't remember the exact number, but
between all the product lines (if that's the right term -- System, Technic,
DUPLO, LEGO Baby, etc), there are some 2,000 elements 'currently available'.  I
doubt LD will be able to support bulk orders for *all* those parts.  It goes
back to what parts they can offer at a low cost to themselves.

This could be the basis for a whole new set of groups in the
lugnet.market.* hierarchy.

Ain't that the truth.

Steve