 Dear LEGO / 1681
1680  |  1682
Subject:
Common bricks in rare colors...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 19:16:25 GMT

Gary Istok wrote:
No availability of pieces that have been out of production for a long time (at
least not yet).  No surprise here.  Perhaps in the future.  But what about common
bricks in rare colors (blue, orange, teal, etc)?

Although what I'm about to mention here is almost certainly not be a
"purist" solution, one that I've found that works reasonably well is
using ordinary oil-based hobby paints like you'd use on plastic models.
Most of the ones I've found are good, opaque paints that can even
reasonably cover darker colors with a lighter colored paint with no more
than 2 coats.  Of course, the painting solution is only really viable on
completed models, because the paint will tend to rub off of bricks that
are handled excessively.  But... if you're in a rush to color coordinate
your recently completed masterpiece, painting the bricks does do the job
quite well.

Mark