 Dear LEGO / 1672
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 29 Feb 2000 17:12:46 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Tom Stangl, VFAQman wrote:

I don't think we need to limit the COLOR, only the type.  Supposedly they will have to
mold the LD bricks on demand, or in large batches.  In that case, there should be no
reason why they can't mold them in "strange" colors while they are filling inventory.

I don't think so, and here's why:  doing one part in different colors is
(probably) treated as a different production run for each color.  And it's
doubtful that LD will want to stock an entire production run of a single part in
a single color.

LD will want to piggyback on other production runs, getting a relatively small
numbers of bricks from a huge batch.  They will save money this way, because
they'll avoid paying the cost of doing custom runs.

Steve