 Dear LEGO / 167
Re: TLG investigation
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 22:02:27 GMT

OK, here's my followup...

As for clubs, and if we'd deal with TLG dictating rules, I doubt it.  I think you'd
have to have a CLEAR plan of what TLG would request of us before people would be
able to even think about it.

Would I love a certificate and membership card?  Oh yes.  But would I want to have
to abide by some rules to get them?  I doubt it, unless those rules were VERY
lenient.  I like TLG's current "rules" for web pages of simply having the
disclaimer.  This is fair.  Beyond that, I'd have to see the rules to comment.

And what else do I want?  I WANT A 10-20% DISCOUNT CARD FOR SHOP AT HOME, GOOD ON
REGULAR OR SALE/SPECIAL PRICES  ;-)

Tom Stangl wrote:

Jereon,

As for what we want, I would think it would be better for you, and us, if we
simply used the lugnet.dear-leog newsgroup, as then you wouldn't get BURIED in
email, and we could publicly discuss ideas that you would otherwise only get in
private emails.

Jeroen Ottens wrote:

If you are member of a lego-club (and that can be seen in the broadest
sense as possible) and you think you have something to say, please do.
If you want to mail me personally, my mailadress is:
ottens@get2net.dk
I must however warn you that I am not allowed to tell anything which is not
publicly known anyway. :(

I'd like to stress the point that this is still an investigation. It's not
sure yet that this idea about lego clubs will happen.

--
| Tom Stangl, Technical Support          Netscape Communications Corp |
|      Please do not associate my personal views with my employer     |