 Dear LEGO / 1643
Re: an update -- and an apology
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 2000 23:57:52 GMT

In lugnet.dear-lego, Brad Justus writes:
To everyone at LUGNET: • <snip>
And what (I hear you saying) about bulk buying? Well, it's definitely
happening. We are working right now on determining how many items we can offer
initially - though I should tell you, it will necessarily be a limited number
at first as we test our manufacturing and distribution capabilities for this.
In addition to a selection of standard bricks, we will also be offering a • <snip>dozen
or so "non-standard" items which we will, in a couple of weeks, want to have
your input on. (Start mobilizing those votes for windows now.) Also, we will
not be offering items which are currently out of production, at least for some
time (I can't make any promises here.) And, once again, the target for
delivering this service to you is late summer. I'll have more details on bulk
buying, as I said, in two or three weeks.

I see what you are saying.. start small with the bulk order selection.. feel
it out and then expand where its needed.

With items out of production out of the way heres my bulk buy list =):

- standard bricks/tiles in Non-standard colors. I agree with my fellow
lugnetters totally on this one. You'd be blowing these out in sales as soon as
you make them. Bulk green, light grey, tan, orange etc. [My Personal wish is
to see alot of 1xn orange bricks to build model team scale trucks]

- an array of round bricks and plates. Especially the quarter circle macaroni
bricks would be great to have. Say a round bricks pack with a selection of 2x4
round bricks, a few quarter circle bricks, dome/cone elements to top it all
off.

- Model Team / technic wheels. I'm seeing the older large technic wheels
getting as much as 15 US dollars per wheel on the online auctions. I can't
afford most of the prices of buying these second hand. heres what i'd like to
see:

Big wheels pack 1: 2x 5533/8880 wheels [still in production]
Big wheels pack 2: 2x 5563/BigRig wheels [still in production]
And an expansion on the Mag wheels service pack thats on the 8417/Towtruck: 2x
of the large mag wheels and another set with 2x of the cycle style wheels.

I'm pretty excited with the new Monster Tractor pull technic set coming out
this year... those are some big darn wheels.. looks like I have to get a few
those too <G>.

I'd like to also see perhaps a bulk technic "style /bodywork" pack. A bulk
pack of tubes/hoses in an array of colors to allow us to add more to our
designs.. I imagine these kits would be pretty cheap to make compared to
normal lego bricks.

Bulk gears would be handy too..borrow them from the dacta line... gears and
stuff in 50 or 100 packs. I'd like to get about 20-50 of each gear.

Any thoughts?

Kurt