 Dear LEGO / 101
100  |  102
Subject:
Nostalgia
Newsgroups:
lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 22:10:10 GMT

Dear Lego,

I grew up with your products and still enjoy them very much. It would be cool
to see some of those sets of yesterday come back. While I know this is
impractical to do for many reasons, what about doing it on a smaller scale and
rereleasing say, for example, two or three old sets a year?

In a way, you've already done this to a small extent when you did a limited
offer on the 6544 Shuttle Transcon 2 and an older police station, and it was
very appreciated (and you did sell out, didn't you? :)

You don't have to make tons of each of them, just a limited run to sell
exclusively in the shop at home catalog or even via world wide web, so you
don't have the added cost of money and hassle with distribution and retailers.

Even though most sets are age rated for 5 or 6 years through 12, I and many
others still like making stuff, so you still have a market. You could even get
a count of which sets people would be most likely to buy if you surveyed them
on your web site (instant free consumer info!)

Thanks for reading this.
-Tom McDonald