 Database / Set Inventories / 676
Re: Inventory Helper app
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2001 17:17:51 GMT

Tobbe Arnesson <tnt@arnesson.nu> wrote:
Perhaps this program only can write files in two formats, separated
with a ; or in peeron.com's HTML format?

just a side note - peeron is using tab delimited file format, just like
most of the inventories you find posted here.  there is a frontend that
will html-ify, but that's not part of the DB, no more than the search
engine is.

as for this program, I've been thinking of writing a smallish perl
script, using ncurses, to let me write inventories easily in linux...
when in windows, excel does the job well enough...

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com