 Database / Set Inventories / 634
Re: "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:22:33 GMT

dan@peeron.com (Dan Boger) writes:

I thought of that, and I wouldn't mind doing it - except that I'm not sure
what I'd diff it to - 24 hours ago?  a week ago?  last update?  the master
list is sometimes generated 5-6 times in an evening, if we're doing a lot
of edits...  I guess I could set up a cron to do a 24hour diff, if that
would be useful to you?  let me know :)

How about a 24-hour-diff, and if the diff file is empty, just
throw it away? That way, you would keep only the diffs in which something
actually changed. What I'm doing at the moment is to download your
master list and commit it to my CVS repository. If the master isn't
changed, no new revision is generated, and if it changed, I can
look the change up via CVSWeb ;-)

But then again, that's my private solution, and if you
implemented it on your server, all of the community would benefit
from this.

Regards,
Hakan

--
Dan Boger
dan@peeron.com

--
"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"