 Database / Set Inventories / 628
  "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?

Hi, Would it be possible that, when the master list of numbers is updated, you could generate a diff to the next-older version? I have a few inventories on my laptop (which I *really* intend to post one of those days ;-)) that I would like to keep (...) (23 years ago, 27-Mar-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?

(...) I thought of that, and I wouldn't mind doing it - except that I'm not sure what I'd diff it to - 24 hours ago? a week ago? last update? the master list is sometimes generated 5-6 times in an evening, if we're doing a lot of edits... I guess I (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?

(...) How about a 24-hour-diff, and if the diff file is empty, just throw it away? That way, you would keep only the diffs in which something actually changed. What I'm doing at the moment is to download your master list and commit it to my CVS (...) (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?

(...) check out: (URL) if you want to check daily, check (URL) if it's there, there was a change. Does that work? Dan (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?

(...) Yes, that's nice, thanks a lot. The parts with "px" in the number or starting with "x" are your own pictures, right? Regards, Hakan (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?

(...) px numbers are pattered parts that had no dat, so we took a picture, or just created a name. the numbers starting with an 'x' didn't have any printed number on them we could see, so we had to assign them a number ourselves. Dan (23 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?

(...) I see. If you don't mind, could you implement the "diff" feature for the picture list, too? It would be nice to know just which 5 pictures are new ;-) Regards, Hakan (23 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.db.inv)

  Re: "Diffs" of the master list of numbers?

(...) heh, that's a good idea, except that it's much harder to implement, since it's not a single file I can diff. I can, and will do it though, just need to figure out the best way... :) Dan (23 years ago, 29-Mar-01, to lugnet.db.inv)