 Database / Set Inventories / 2402
Re: New Inventory/Set Cross Reference Feeware App
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Thu, 17 Jul 2003 14:38:55 GMT

In lugnet.db.inv, Rick Graichen wrote:
BrickSet XRef is a freeware software application that you can use to inventory
all your LEGO parts and then compare your inventory of parts to the set parts
inventories from Peeron.com to see which sets you can build.

You can also view the Build Instructions from Brickshelf.com

You can dowload it at http://BrickSetXRef.topcities.com

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Rick

Hi,
At the first glance it looks very nice. Especially I like database of sets with
pictures. I haven't find that feature in other applications. So my first opinion
was that maybe I found eventually application to manage my parts. I started
filling up my inventory and I couldn't find a function that would allow me to
add in one step parts belonging to particular sets I have. Counting parts one by
one seems to me too absorbing and time consuming. I agree that it give more
precise numbers. I'm sure that some of my small parts are lost but I could
verify quantities afterwards. My collection is for sure not the biggest one
(about eleven thousand I suppose) but just adding parts by adding sets would
make my life easier. It would be nice also to have feature like "lost parts".
I found that I could import invetory from INV files but it's not a case for me.
I need to build it from scratch.

May I expect those new features in your program? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance.

Regards

Marek Idec