 Database / Set Inventories / 189
    Re: Standardized Inventory File Format? —Søren Bak
   (...) Why not adopt XML? Watching this thread, I have seen discussions about parsing such inventories in different programming languages and about the fact that it should be readable by human beings. XML is designed exactly for that. There are a (...) (25 years ago, 3-Oct-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

        Re: Standardized Inventory File Format? —Steve Bliss
   (...) Hmm, interesting. Are there any XML writers, to convert flat-ASCII to flat-XML? Steve (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

        Re: Standardized Inventory File Format? —Søren Bak
   (...) I am not sure I understand your question completely. There certainly are XML-writers available. One is included in the new Java extension Project X available from Sun at (URL) You probably have to register, but that is free and pretty simple. (...) (25 years ago, 4-Oct-99, to lugnet.db.inv)

        Re: Standardized Inventory File Format? —Steve Bliss
   (...) I don't suppose I'd have a problem myself. My code is a little messy, but it (usually) gets the job done. I was thinking of other people, who may have recorded inventories in spreadsheets, or HTML, or whatever document format they found handy. (...) (25 years ago, 5-Oct-99, to lugnet.db.inv)