 Database / Set Inventories / 1516
1515  |  1517
Subject:
Tracking Non-Set Pieces
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.suggestions, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 16:47:41 GMT

Hi,

(I hope I got the proper groups to post to.)

I have been using the Lugnet member-set-inventory-page to track how many
sets and how many pieces I own.  As long as I remember to enter items into
the database when I get new sets, this works much easier for me than
tracking things at home on my own.

However, I see no way to include elements I own that were not purchased as
official TLC sets when I use the Lugnet database this way.  I have around
600 pieces that were collected from yard sales and thrift stores.  I also
have bought a few handfuls of pieces via BrickLink.  None of these were
complete sets that can be checked off by me on the Lugnet database.  Thus,
my total number of pieces is never really correct on my member page.

So, my question is, is there any possibility that a generic non-set catagory
could be somehow added to the set database?  My thinking is that the non-set
could simply be a set with a number of 1 piece and a description suggesting
it it not a TLC set, but rather a way for members to track odd pieces
collected from other sources.  A member could then look up the non-set in
the database and simply enter the number of odd pieces he has, since each
copy of the set he marks as having would add one piece to his member page.

Just a thought.  If there is already a solution to this in place, I'd love
to be pointed in the right direction.  Thanks!

-Hendo