 Database / Set Inventories / 1440
1439  |  1441
Subject:
Parts Catalog 0.0.16
Newsgroups:
lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 20:31:12 GMT

I have just posted a new version of Parts Catalog.  you can get it at:
http://www.partscatalog.da.ru

special thanks goes to William Howard for this round of suggestions and
beta testing!

here is a list of all the changes:

Version 0.0.16  07-30-02
     - Can now resize the difference window after you do a compare
     - Can now save the difference list
     - The sort order is not scrambled up after a compare
     - When you cancel a compare you do not get a message that you have all
the parts
     - When adding an element that already exist the added element is
highlighted not the last element in the list
     - Now it might remember the last directory you opened/saved across
program stop/starts (hard to test)
     - The compare was rewritten so that it is more robust.  The compare is
now done strictly on part number and color.
       Comments and bag are not considered.
     - The compare now gives you 2 option 'parts you have' or 'parts you
need'.  Parts you have is new.
       Suppose you load a list of parts you want.  Then you compare by
'parts you have' to a set inventory that you
       plan on buying.  You will get a list of the parts you want that are
in the set you want to buy.
     - Can now save in an xls format.  The order of the color column is the
order they appear in the colors.txt file.
       Change the order in the colors.txt file if you want to change the
column order of the xls file.
     - Compare save now saves as prn
     - Load xls is now done.  this takes a few seconds.  there are a lot of
cells that need to be checked.
       color order does not matter.  Parts Catalog is smart enough to
figure it out.
     - csv save/load is now coma quoted (every field must be quoted not
just the ones with commas)
     - Cut the load xls time in half.  it now only checks the number of
cells that are used.  was checking the max number of cells.
       (NOTE: the unknown column is not loaded.  don't know what color to
give the parts)
     - 'parts you need' should now tell you the correct number of parts you
need
     - Save xls now ignores comments and bags.  all elements are grouped by
color/number then dumped in the xls file.
     - Now you can see the list as it is being loaded.  this way you won't
think that it is hung when loading a long list.
     - Pressing the 'New' button will instantly  clear the list now.
     - I removed the BETA warning.  This software has over 8 months of testing.

enjoy,

bob

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤øø¤º°`°º¤

Bob Kojima
ko@fial.com
http://www.bong69.com
http://www.vw-pix.com