 Database / Set Inventories / 1323
1322  |  1324
Subject:
Part 3941 vs Part 6143 (Brick 2 x 2 Round)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general, lugnet.db.inv
Date:
Sat, 2 Mar 2002 17:34:43 GMT

While surfing the peeron database, I noticed that, in 7104 Desert Skiff, 'Brick
2 x 2 Round' is listed as p/n 3941, but noted with 'Number on piece is 6143'.
Out of curiosity I pulled a desert skiff and looked at the piece. Indeed, the
piece is marked as 6143. So I pulled a few other sets at random, the same piece
from '6568 - Drag Race Rally' has no p/n molded under the bottom. The mold
series number typeface is slightly larger. A piece from '7310 - Mono Jet' also
has the '6143' under the bottom. After careful examination, the only difference
between the pieces (apart from the mold number) is the finish on the underside
edge. The (apparently) newer parts have a matte finish, while the part from 6568
has a smooth finish.

Does anyone actually have a 'Brick 2 x 2 Round' with 3941 molded on it ? If so,
are there other differences between that and 6143 ?

Also, it seems slightly curious that 3941 and 6143 bear some similarities if two
of the digits were flipped vertical (although that explanation is probably
stretching it a bit).

Dan Boger asked the same question about two years back, but got no reply.
http://news.lugnet.com/db/inv/?n=325

Ray