 Color / 900
Re: An alternative open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 08:46:01 GMT

In lugnet.color, Richard Noeckel wrote:
In lugnet.color, Bob Hayes wrote:
In lugnet.general, William R. Ward wrote:
To Mr. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp
CEO of LEGO Company

[snip]

Keep up the good work, and please let us know if we can help!

The letter that Ben presented is trying to send a real message.  This one is
just an amazing suck up!!

Did you apply to be a "Lego Ambassador"?

I have to go throw up now.

I have to agree with Bob here...
Y'know, sometimes the consumers know better than the management William!
That, and your whole brown-nosing here smells like @$$

I'm not brown-nosing.  I'm just disgusted with the way some so-called Adult fans
of LEGO act like three-year-olds when the company makes a change they don't
agree with.

What's so productive about giving TLG praise?
They're a company, they don't need thank-you's, they need capital to get outta
the red. Therein, the criticisms are actually more productive for them than the
'you're the best tlc!"

Yeah, they're a company that needs to focus on its core business - selling toys
to kids.  Messing around with AFOL's is a waste of their time.  No way are
AFOL's going to have any measurable effect on the bottom line, grey or no grey.