 Color / 799
Re: Open letter to the CEO of the LEGO Company / Call for your signs! (no discussions here please)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.dear-lego
Date:
Tue, 18 Jan 2005 21:42:34 GMT

In lugnet.general, Reinhard "Ben" Beneke wrote:
_________________________________________________________ February 2005

To Mr. Jørgen Vig Knudstorp
CEO of LEGO Company
Billund
Denmark

Dear Mr. Knudstorp,

we are writing to you, the highest authority of LEGO Company, in order to
express a matter of utmost importance for our community. We, the signatories of
this letter, form the group of Adult Fans Of LEGO® (AFOLs). Some of us have
children who play with LEGO® toys but most of us build models with LEGO® bricks

* snip *

A couple of quick observations, if you don't mind.

1. Capitalize the "we" in the first paragraph.

2. No need to define the AFOL acronym if it isn't used in the remaining body of
the letter.  Leave the Adult Fans of LEGO as a complete statement.  Making an
acronym out of it implies repeated usage later on.

Thanks,

Ed