 Color / 530
    Re: LEGO Inside Tour (New theory on color change: stock dyes) —Erik Olson
   Jake says Lego is not using "just in time" coloring in response to the rumor, and Scott says it doesn't make sense.. however, the technology is real: "Chroma Injecta Color Systems Inc of Chicago Heights, Illinois, have developed what is claimed to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Inside Tour (New theory on color change: stock dyes) —David Laswell
   (...) The technology may be real, but I don't believe TLC uses any PET derived plastics for any brick parts, though they do use them for packaging (clear BIONICLE pods are PETE, and opaque ones are straight PET). Since the pods are really just (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)

        Re: LEGO Inside Tour (New theory on color change: stock dyes) —Erik Olson
   It's not just for PET. I found 3 companies that provide liquid color for your resin of choice. When that press release was written (2000) the PET process must have been new. I'm going to ask Maguire (who make colors as well as molding machine (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.color, FTX)