 Color / 499
Re: Lego Information
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color, lugnet.market.theory
Date:
Thu, 22 Jul 2004 19:36:08 GMT

In lugnet.color, Orion Pobursky wrote:
In lugnet.general, Ram Sreerangam wrote:
<snip>
Though most corporations are run on the profit motive, I am inclined to
believe that the Lego executives keep a good balance between the money
aspects and their values.

Part of the reason they can do this is that they are not a coporation.  LEGO is
still privatly held and don't have share holders to answer to.

I believe the LEGO group of companies to be a corporation (or several) or the
Danish (or local operating country, for subsidiaries) equivalent. I just believe
that these are not PUBLIC corporations with stock traded on exchanges, but
rather privately held.

LEGO still has to answer to its stockholders. It's just that you (and I) don't
have a chance to become one of the people LEGO has to answer to, unless you're
better at marrying into money than I was. :-)