 Color / 45
Re: Living with the Color change
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Mon, 10 May 2004 13:23:44 GMT

Eric Brok wrote:
As an addition to general complaints about the color change, which we indeed
know by now, I'd like to start a new thread, inviting solely *specific real-life
experiences* concerning the color change.  Without rants and personal attacks
these experiences may add to the palette of consumer complaints wich Jake can
bring to TLG's management. I'll start off with two examples.
Hi, Eric,

my current "BIG MOC" is a medivel/fantasy setting on 144x192 studs.
Although it is much smaller than your brewery, it uses several kilograms
of plates 1x1 and 1x2, thus driving the parts count (estimated) to about
50000 pieces. About 20000 of those are grey and dark grey.

Luckily, I managed to collect and purchase most of the stuff before the
colour desaster hit, thus leaving me only a few thousand pieces short.

To save myself from mistakes, I aquired sample plates in the new colours
so I can recognise and avoid them in future purchases. This will be the
only sets in new colours I'll buy, as I've switched to second hand
sources for my material (although I prefer new parts for MOC building,
even if they are more expensive).

This colour desaster has hit my project quite hard, and me, too.

Yours, Christian