 Color / 438
Re: Fed UP!!!!!!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 17:41:20 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.color, Kelly McKiernan wrote:
   In lugnet.general, Marc Nelson, Jr. wrote:
   What’s bothering me are the repeated demands for silence from those who disagree and continue to be unhappy with the color change.

Mostly, I’ve just seen requests to use the appropriate venues (e.g. lugnet.color, where this post will go).

You really need to blame the other side for this one. This thread was started in .general by someone complaining about the color protests. Funny, but it seems most of the color protesters have been the ones FUTing to .color, where the post belongs. Its the people that want to say “hear, hear, lets shut up these lego complainers” that are posting in .general.

  • Is it that offensive to hear opinions that don’t conform to your own?
Not for me. But having it take over unrelated sections of LUGNET is irritating.

I agree, so the “Stop your whining” posters should stop taking over unrelated sections.

  • Aren’t there any options other than forming a consensus (in favor of the change) or keeping silent? Can’t we continue to express contrary opinions?
Sure, you can continue to express your opinions - in lugnet.color, where it belongs, and where it’s been repeatedly directed.

Mostly (I say again) by the “complainers” so to speak. Don’t blame us for the sloppy posting of the “Fed up” crowd.

  • Why SHOULD we give up? AFOLs complained for years about (for example) the lack of bulk bricks - and now we have bulk discounts and Pick-a-Brick. I don’t think it was a coincidence.
If it’s something you’re passionate about, don’t give up. But don’t expect others to take up your banner and charge into the fray by your side.

   That’s all. I respect your right to voice your opinions on LUGNET. Please respect mine.
Of course. I only ask that the opinion be expressed in the appropriate place.

Kelly