 Color / 431
Re: The irony of it all...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Thu, 15 Jul 2004 01:32:13 GMT

In lugnet.color, Terry Prosper wrote:
In lugnet.color, Markham Carroll wrote:
I remember back when I started with Lego.  I built things with whatever I had - my spaceships were multicolored and blocky, houses
were also milticolored, heck, very little of what I made wasn't multicolored because I had so few parts.  Yeah, I did whish that I
had  enough parts of te right colors, but that didn't stop me from building, and it didn't stop many of us to stop building when we
were little.  We all did our best to make do with what we had.

The irony is, now that we're all grown up, we are fighting amongst ourselves over some small (and some incredibly large) changes to
the Lego we knew and loved, and somehow, making do with what we have avaliable to us is no longer good enough anymore.  Did Lego
change, or did we?

BTW, I'm not trying to flame or offend anyone - I too am avoiding the new colors, at least, for now.

--
Markham Carroll

The answer is kinda obvious.  We changed, but we changed because we want better
MOCs, better parts, better color schemes.  I am still very angry at LEGO for the
color change, but I still enjoy my parts.  I think it's best to fight tan shut
up and let ourselves be pushed and bullied by a big company that ignores us.

And I think that letting a company know that you're displeased is a good thing,
but once that displeasure is known to the company, then it's time to go on.

TLC knows about the colour issue.  They know about the displeasure of many
AFOL's, and yet they didn't reverse their decision.

In other words, they didn't ignore your issues with the colour, they heard you
and still kept it.

It's not bullying.  In the end, it's their decision to make and they made it.

Now we can sit here and rant and rave and generally act like spoiled brats that
didn't get their cookie before bed, which, in my books will disenfranchise any
goodwill that can be formed between the AFOL community and the people who make
decisions at TLC, or we can accept that our voices have been heard, that the
decision stands and life goes on, and we live to fight another battle on another
day.

But that's just me.

Dave K