 Color / 258
Re: New Dark Grey Track in HP Train 10132?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Wed, 19 May 2004 03:55:25 GMT

In lugnet.color, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.lego, Mark Bellis wrote:
   In lugnet.color, Jeff Barnas wrote:

   In lugnet.trains, Didier Malon wrote:
   I’m sorry to announce to the AFOL train community that the new Harry Potter train set ref 10132 contents rail tracks in the new dark grey colour. Maybe is it just for the European market.
... Didier - This is interesting news, thanks for posting.

I heard somewhere that after the universal colors are set the tracks wouldnt change in color.

Jake, can you shed any light on this?

Are we too late to say that railway track should be one of the items to keep in old dark grey?

I may be confused but I don’t think Jake ever offered to keep track around in old grey. I speculate that’s beyond his power. What I believe he was seeking was a list of things to get “one more run” in the old color, or at the very most, to be available in both colors. But that latter option is, I speculate, very expensive for the business to do.

Perhaps it’s all just a blur now (i.e. 263+ messages later), but he did mention something to that effect in the very message that started the whole ruckus all over again:

JAKE: “A certain few parts that are crucial to keep in the old colors will likely be created as service pack type items. An example of this would be the 9v train track. I am interested in getting feedback from you (via this thread) on which elements MUST be produced in the old colors for the long term. (And no, you can’t say “the whole range of parts!” :) )”

HTH,

Mark