 Color / 183
  All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) It's interesting you should ask about Mattel... because I went to TRU recently to buy my daughter a Barbie for her birthday. She's got several already, but she "really, really needs" another one. So there I was in the Barbie aisle of TRU (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX) !

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

In lugnet.color, Richie Dulin wrote: (snip) Wow... that's freaky. Insane coincidence or insidious plot??? Are all toy companies actually secretly controlled by the UFOs via Orbital Mind Control Lasers? (or was it via the Post Office and Texas?) (...) (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Wow. That was nothing short of the funniest thing I've read on Lugnet. Very well done! :) Calum (20 years ago, 14-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Living is easy, you know.

In lugnet.color, Richie Dulin wrote: <all sniped> I don't want to single you out Richie but there is one thing that i really can't understand. Why do some people that don't mind the color change feel the urge to make fun of the others who do mind? I (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Living is easy, you know.

(...) Do you ever actually play with your LEGO or do you only just get really, really tense about it? (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (URL) myspace> (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Richie Dulin is my new hero. (URL) [ j o n ] (URL) zemi.net> (URL) moonbase> (URL) myspace> (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

Yeah, Barbie is having a Mattel sponsored affair, jilting Ken out of all those years he's been hoping she'd be his alone. I guess she was not liking him so much any more. That really is a GREAT message to deliver to kids, hmm? That is a big bad (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Living is easy, you know.

(...) Jon, If you knew me you would know that i'm not tense at all. But i'm sorry if my post got you tense instead. Paulo Renato (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Living is easy, you know.

Close down your browser now if you've already heard this: I paid my usaual visit to my Psycologist the other day, to talk about my state and personal issues. I felt compelled to tell him about my dreams the night before. "Describe them to me," he (...) (20 years ago, 15-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) The point is not about changing Barbie. The point is that the Mattel company doesn't have representatives in an online site for the adult Barbie fan community. The point is that only LEGO has Jake, and takes the adult fan seriously. --Bill. (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Dude, if you think that, you need a reality check. You need to spend more time playing Barbie with actual 7 year olds. You have no idea what's on their mind. 7 year olds do not think like you suppose. I think it is probably universal that (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: All toy companies are alike! (was Re: In Praise of TLC)

(...) Erik, this post just about killed me, especially the bolded part. I actually can't tell you how many times in a day that Ken and Barbie both get mangled by dogs (something else that doesn't happen to LEGO), are fully body-painted, end up face- (...) (20 years ago, 16-May-04, to lugnet.color, lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)