 Color / 1217
  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Thanks for all the info Ben! I apologize if this question had been discussed ad naseum already, but I've done several unsuccessful searches for the info. I've been a castle fan my entire AFOL career, but I've always been interested in trains, (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Dear Anthony, I never had the intention to be in any way "harsh" to you. If you felt like that I have to apologize. I just feel still bad with the "new" MEGA-Blok like colors. And I got warned never ever to mention these in LUGNET trains (or I (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) Don't worry about it Ben, I never thought you were being harsh at all. I recognized the sarcasm. But I'm beginning to think I've wasted everyone's time. I've visited all the links you've pointed me to, and when I dug out my Santa Fe out of (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) You didn't waste my time Anthony. I've got the Super Chief with bad wheel sets sitting on a counter top at my office. I never did the repair and never ran the set because of it. Reading this thread just may give me the impetus to either do my (...) (18 years ago, 25-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Santa Fe Super Chief wheel question

(...) A few tips to make things a little safer; I use the blade of a miniature penknife to do my gouging, not a scalpel. Always cut towards the central frame of the wheelset, then flick the debris out - do it in one go for the smoothest result. You (...) (18 years ago, 26-Feb-06, to lugnet.color, lugnet.trains)