 Color / 1188
Re: 50th Gold Bricks
Newsgroups:
lugnet.color
Date:
Tue, 8 Nov 2005 05:27:13 GMT

I decided to take a closer look at the gold bricks...
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SRC/GEmTS2003/high.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SRC/GEmTS2003/medium.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/SRC/GEmTS2003/low.jpg

These photos are of the regular and Duplo 50th anniversary
bricks, along with a 1 ounce 24k gold coin (on the left)
and a 1/2 ounce 22k gold coin (on the right).  The 22k has
a bit lighter color and more of a shine to it due to the
silver content.  It's hard to see in the photos with the
gold reflecting the light, but although all four are
different, the LEGO gold is a good approximation.

SRC     LUGNet #765
StRuCtures™  Bricksmith™
http://SRC.NorthComp.com