Re: Craigo on board! (the benefits of overdoing it)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 18:27:31 GMT

In lugnet.castle.org.cw, Richard Marchetti writes:
Hey Y'all:

Just got off the phone with Craigo. He tells me that I and some other CW
folk will soon be receiving a care package of photocopied map materials that
he has developed.  Once in hand these images will be scanned and published
online (by me) that EVERYONE involved in CW may look at them and provide
input on some of the more practical and puzzling issues in unifying the CW
map and overall conception. I shall take pains that the documents will be
available for everyone to enjoy, perhaps even making a printable pdf file of
the whole available online.

If all goes well, we shall have map concepts to discuss in a little under a
fortnight.  For now I can state unequivocally that the map conception at its
core is truly brilliant.  The map will be infinitely scalable, modular, and
customizable (okay, that word is made up but there it is anyway). The soul
of the conception is HARDCORE Lego-based as you balladeers shall see.  The
heart of the conception is pure TT (hah!). The ultimate goal is to create a
graphic representation that one can (click) zoom in on and then (click
again) zoom into a known realm (a hyperlink to a balladeers own web pages).
And when I state that it shall be modular and *customizable*, I mean that
you balladeers shall each have the trouble of creating your own unique
realms comprised of modular structures (sound like anything you do now?).

And again, the existence of a known map is not intended to disparage the
work of those wanting to develop a map of their own creation and in their
own style in territories we might provisionally call "Terra Brickus
Incognita." Such maverick balladeers can still link from CW should they wish
to do so.  Nothing is sacred, everything is permitted.

Hey, if nothing else -- it'll be fun!

Thanks go out to Craigo for his great map ideas.  And, of course, thanks to
"Big Daddy" Nazarewicz for the CW concept in the first place. To commemorate
the work of these two lugnuts (sad Lego geeks that they are), I think we
should revamp the whole look of CW.  I have some long finished Craigo
graphics that we could use for that purpose.  We should probably use Pawel's
Javascripted slideshow, also. Personally, I actually like the look of the
pages at the temp site, I'd just like to see the logo look a little
differently and maybe balanced with the slideshow of CW characters on the
other side.  Whaddaya think?

Your humble servant,

Hop-Frog

P.S. Don't think CRAPP or BURP -- think flat...

One word.... "ROCK!" =)

~Nathan