Re: Is Castle World dead?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Sun, 28 Jul 2002 14:38:13 GMT

Troy and all,

Your observation is correct; the Castle World site has not been updated for
months.  Unfortunately, the Isle of Mist was a wonderful idea on paper, but
the execution left something to be desired.  Lack of time for *all* of the
admins propagated lack of interest of the users.  As the updates became few
and far between, people didn't submit as many things.

While we still get the occasional joining request, we don't get any updates
from existing members (or, at least *very* few).  Castle World was a
wonderful thing, and we are very proud of what it accomplished.

As we all know, everyone has other things that are far more important than
Lego.  It seems everyone's real lives hit at the same time.  Craig hasn't
been online in ages, Pawel was fighting hard to get into grad school, and
now that he is, he's fighting to stay in grad school. :-)  Shiri's had a
busy freshman year in college (in Israel), and I graduated college and have
a full time job.  Nathan (afaik) left lego entirely.

So, to return to Troy's question, is Castle World dead?  Yes, Castle World,
the way we knew it, is dead.  However, we won't rule out future possibilies
of reinstating Castle World (in a different format).

Thanks to all the members for making Castle World the success it was,

-Chris and Shiri
on behalf of the Castle World Administration