Re: island of mist story pic chapters 1-3
Newsgroups:
lugnet.castle, lugnet.castle.org.cw
Date:
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 01:17:51 GMT

In lugnet.castle, Daniel Ravenda writes:
al right first. i realy want to know do you people care anymore? should i
just stop posting about my island of mist. cause i am getting very little
feedback. i know its hard to read cause i cant spell, but i am improveing.
now to get down to the whole reason for this post. i am giveing you all a
spoiler for chapters 1-3 for group 1. i know i am planning on doing the
actual chapters within the month. look for 4-5 in the future for spoilers.
heres a link for those who care.

Your pictures look like a good start for a story- I'm looking forward to see
what you come up with.

My suggestion to improve your responses is to have a "finished" project to
show us.  I don't mean that you have to post your whole story at once (none
of us does that), but to have something that is really ready to present when
you do post part of it.

For example:
The other day, you posted a link to your web page where you have some
character info and a story link.  The story link leads to a basically empty
page, while the character page is just plain hard to read.  I suspect that
if you had at least used proper capitalization in the characters page, you
would get a much better response.  As it is, most people see a big block of
nigh-unreadable text and don't bother reading.  There's no point in having a
link to an empty page, so just don't post the story until it is ready.

I know it can be very hard to hold off on publishing something, especially
when you are excited about the material, but you'll get a lot more out of a
single post saying "come check out my finished story" than you will out of a
series of 10 posts in which you add one more unreadable paragraph to a
mostly-unfinished site.  After people check out the broken web site 5 or 6
times, they'll stop looking.

Again- you have what looks to be the start of a great pictorial for your
journey to the Isle.  My suggestion is to lay out your pages and put the
text together with the pictures.  Read it over a few times and fix anything
that you don't like.  Separate it into paragraphs.  Ask your friends and
parents to look it over if you are unsure about your grammar and spelling.
I'm sure you can find someone who will help.  If you can't find anyone, ask
here.

Then announce it when it's truly ready.

In any case, if you want to do this then please don't stop- you can't
improve if you don't try.  We all started out once!

i am getting better at spelling. you people wait. friday i am going to win
the spelling B

I wish you the best!

PS: I'm sending followups to the Castle World newsgroup
(lugnet.castle.org.cw).  This is really the correct place to put castle stories.

--
Tony Hafner
www.hafhead.com